Protected, button top. Price includes storage case! Batteries are sold individually.
This is Sanyo and Panasonic's and newest high discharge capable 18650 cell, rated for up to 10A continuous discharge. It is a good compromise between IMR and regular LiCo cells, offering lower internal resistance and higher discharge rate capabilities and higher capacity than IMR. This is a popular cell for high drain XM-L & XM-L2 lights because it's lower internal resistance allows these high forward voltage LEDs to remain brighter longer.
The protection circuit features a high-quality Seiko IC (made in Japan) with AO MOSFETs.
- Why is the battery black? I thought that the Panasonic NCR18650GA was red? This cell is protected, which means that there is a PCB and MOSFETs added to the cell, along with the button top. The black outer wrapper holds everything together and provides electrical isolation. The original Panasonic NCR18650GA cell is inside, but its wrapper has been removed in order to provide a thinner batter that will fit in more lights.
- Did Panasonic make this battery? Panasonic manufactured the internal cell (NCR18650GA), but the protection circuit was added by a battery manufacturing company. Panasonic does not add any protection circuits to their 18650 cells so all protection circuits are added by other companies.
Manufacturer Cell Specifications:
- Nominal Capacity: 3500mAh
- Charging Voltage: 4.2v
- Maximum Charge Current: 1375mA (1000mA recommended)
- Recommended Discharge Termination: 2.5v
- Maximum Continuous Discharge Current (protection circuit limited): 8A (cell is rated for 10A, but protection circuit may trip at 8A+)
These cells, like all lithium and IMR cells, should not be discharged below 2.5 volts.