The MTN-MAXlp HP is a high performance constant current LED buck (step down) driver, unparalleled in its output capability for size.
This driver MUST be soldered into the pill or held in place with a retaining ring. There must be a thermal connection between the driver and pill. This means that you cannot simply piggyback or run the driver with only air cooling. The driver WILL overheat if not properly connected to the host.
Since the MTN-MAX is a step down driver, please ensure that your input voltage is greater than your output voltage.
This driver takes up to 10 business days to be built, tested, and shipped. Your order will not ship until the driver is completed.
Features and Specifications:
- Low-profile: only 6mm tall on the LED side with Coilcraft inductor; ~4mm tall with standard inductor
- Nearly flat on the battery side
- Mode level options (see below)
- 2S-4S input voltage range
- Designed primarily with a 3V LED in mind, such as the XM-L2, XP-G2, XP-L, Nichia 219/319, etc.
- Can be used with a 6V LED such as the MT-G2 or XHP50/XHP70, but the maximum drive current is 4.5A.
- Can be used with a 12V LED such as the XHP35, where the maximum drive current is 2.5A.
- Plenty of component clearance for retaining rings and a full ground ring for easy soldering
- Build Options:
- 5.1A: 3V LED ONLY
- 4.5A: 3V / 6V LEDs
- 3.5A: 3V / 6V LEDs
- 3A: 3V / 6V LEDs
- 2.5A: 3V / 6V / 12V LEDs
- Input Voltage:
- 2S (~8.4v)
- 3S (~12.6v)
- 4S (~16.8v)
- Input voltage must be higher than output voltage!
- Driver Program:
- MTN-MAX Standard: 4 well spaced modes. Moonlight, low, medium, and high/turbo.
- Single-Mode 100%: A single mode: 100% high only (with low voltage shutoff).
- guppydrv Universal Rev.1: See the 17mm FET driver listing for guppydrv mode groups.
- ***NO LOW VOLTAGE SHUTOFF WITH GUPPYDRV---USE WITH PROTECTED CELLS***
- Light will ramp down to lower level to warn of low batteries, but will not shut off completely.
- Memory: (n/a for guppydrv)
- Yes: remembers last mode.
- No: always starts in first mode
- Turbo Timer: (n/a for guppydrv)
- No Timer
- 30 Seconds
- 60 Seconds
- 90 Seconds
- 120 Seconds
- 180 Seconds
- Low Voltage Protection (LVP):
- 1. No LVP
- 2. 2S LVP (for 2S cells) - ~6V Ramp
- 3. 3S LVP (for 3S cells) - ~9V Ramp
- 4. 4S LVP (for 4S cells) - ~12V Ramp