Protected button top. Batteries are sold individually. Price includes storage case. (1 cell will receive one case, 2 cells will receive one case, 3 cells will receive two cases, etc.)
This is Panasonic's highest capacity 18650 cell with a high-quality protection circuit. The protection circuit consists of a Seiko IC and AO8814 MOSFETs which are widely regarded to be the highest quality available. This protection circuit design is the best on the market.
- Why is the battery black? I thought that the Panasonic NCR18650B was green? This cell is protected, which means that there is a PCB and MOSFETs added to the cell, along with the button top. The black outer wrapper holds everything together and provides electrical isolation. The original Panasonic NCR18650B cell is inside, but its wrapper has been removed in order to provide a thinner batter that will fit in more lights.
- Did Panasonic make this battery? Panasonic manufactured the internal cell (NCR18650B), but the protection circuit was added by a battery manufacturing company. Panasonic does not add any protection circuits to their 18650 cells so all protection circuits are added by other companies.
Manufacturer Cell Specifications:
- Made in Japan
- Capacity: 3400mAh (Min 3250mAh)
- Charging voltage: 4.2v
- Maximum charge current 0.7C, 2A
- Recommended Discharge Termination: 2.5v (protection will kick in at around 2.75v)
These cells, like all lithium and IMR cells, should not be discharged below 2.5 volts.