This flashlight is one of the lightest and most compact quad LED 26650-powered flashlights! It has an awesome user interface with insane output. The ramping feature allows you to dial in the exact power level you desire. This light is similar to the Emisar D4, but with higher capacity and slightly better thermal characteristics thanks to the bigger head and body.
This light comes with the magnetic tailcap. This light is not compatible with protected batteries, and is only guaranteed to work with the batteries listed below (no battery included).
1. Nichia 219C 5000K 90+ CRI - Neutral White
2. Cree XP-G2 S4 2B ~ 5700K - Cool White
3. Cree XP-G2 S4 3D ~5000K - Neutral White
3. Cree XP-G2 S4 5D ~4000K - Neutral / Warm White
4. Cree XP-L HI 1A ~6500K - Cool White
5. Cree XP-L HI 3A ~5000K - Neutral White
6. Cree XP-L HI 5D ~4000K - Neutral White
Body Color Options:
The D4S is available in black and grey, grey, and green body colors. Not all body colors are available in all LED tints.
User Interface (click for more detail):
- Quad XP-G2, XP-L HI, or Nichia 219C LEDs mounted on a Copper direct-thermal-path MCPCB
- Cyan secondary LEDs give a cool "glow-in-the-dark" effect.
- More throw, runtime, and thermal capacity than the awesome tiny D4.
- Thermal Protection
- Low Battery Protection
- Magnetic tailcap included. Non-magnetic tailcaps will be available at a later date.
- Beryllium-copper springs for extra low resistance
- Ramping User Interface:
- One click turns the light on or off.
- Holding down the switch button while on ramps the light between the lowest mode and 100% power.
- Double click from on or off goes to 100% power.
- Triple click: battery check
- Six Clicks: lock out/on
- This firmware is licensed under GNU GPL V3, and can be downloaded here.
- Length: 105mm
- Head Diameter: 39mm / 42mm at widest point (switch area)
- Tube Diameter: 32mm
- Tailcap Diameter: 32mm
- Battery Required: 1x 10A Continuous or Better 26650 Battery (NOT INCLUDED) -- 69mm maximum length
- - See Recommended List Below.
- Protected batteries are not supported.
- Only batteries on the recommended list are guaranteed to work.
- If the battery is inserted correctly, the light will give two quick blinks when the battery is connected.
Recommended 26650 Batteries:
Efest Purple 4200mAh 26650
Shockli 5500mAh 26650