This is the bare PCB you need to build your own 17mm FET driver! DIY parts kit available here.
This 0.8mm thin PCB with red solder mask works great in lights that require a thinner PCB, or lights like most of the Convoy lights with integrated aluminum shelfs with the thin aluminum threaded retaining rings. The thinner PCB generally allows the threads to start a bit easier due to the increased initial clearance between the ring and the PCB.
- FET: LFPAK56 N-Channel Mosfet
- D1: SOD-323 Schottky diode
- C1: 10uF MLC capacitor, 0805 (X7R preferred)
- Populate CZNR instead of C1 if used zener modified
- R1: 19.1K, 1% resistor, 0805
- Use 36K 1% 0805 resistor for 2S or 3S zener mod LVP
- R2: 4.7K, 1% resistor, 0805
- UI: ATTINY13A MCU, SSH or SSU variant
- Z: SOD-323 4.3v or 5.1v zener diode
- If zener diode is used:
- populate CZNR instead of C1 with 10uF capacitor
- replace D1 with 200 ohm resistor
- Spring / LED leads
- OTC: 1uF MLC capacitor, 0805 (X7R preferred)
- Pad with side closest to MCU can also be used as electronic switch pad (no OTC installed).
The layout is the same for both 17mm and 20mm boards.